Tribal background

Sunday, May 2, 2010

If I am ever stung by a jellyfish, Bryce will come to my rescue!

Yesterday was a very busy day, that started off nice and slow. While Ty went over to my parents' to work on the kitchen, Bryce and I went on a nice long walk with a short detour to the park. After which he took a nap, then off to pick up Ty and head to Sacramento to look at potential Granite slabs for the kitchen.
A wonderfully hot day in Sacramento, I was grateful I was wearing shorts and flip flops, especially when there was an apparent leak in the roof of the granite warehouse, and my left foot got all wet. Or so I thought. Am I sounding dramatic enough for you? I feel this water pittering all over my foot, baffled as to where it is coming from. Bryce, who was on my hip at the time, had a fresh diaper so I didn't think he could be leaking... I decided to relocate.
About thirty minutes later, it happens to my right foot. With wheels quickly turning I am looking around to figure out where it is coming from this time... then I see it. Pee... Pouring out of Bryce's shorts. You'd think after years of daycare with my mom, and a year old (nearly) son, I would know how to change a diaper. So either it was me who somehow managed to diaper all but the essentials, or Bryce's man-parts figured out how to get themselves out of the diaper, and pee all over my feet. One boy moment down, countless more to go.



4 comments:

Tracy said...

That is so funny! I am laughing my head off. I just can't imagine this happening. I didn't know diapering a boy could be so difficult.

Unknown said...

I am totally envisioning this and am laughing so hard. Thanks for the story!

Kari said...

LOL! Yesterday I looked over at Parker (who only had on his diaper and a pair of pajama pants at the time) and his little man part was poking straight out of the top of his diaper. Luckily I noticed before anything happened. He is learning how to pull everything off on his own so I like to think it was his fault and not mine. :)

Jeanette Mauerman said...

Ha Ha!!!! That's all I have to say.