Our summer plans began with a family reunion with my dear siblings here in Fairfield! It is always so nice to have family around and back home. Ty and I were lucky we didn't have to drive far, but I am grateful for my siblings and their efforts to come. With their recent move, Joel's family was sadly not able to make it... So we didn't feel quite complete, and they were greatly missed. We still had lots of fun and can't wait until the next one!
Grandpa Biggs makes the best faces!
Day 1: playing while waiting for everyone to arrive...
Day 2: We spent the afternoon at the train museum off Highway 12, went on a train ride, had a picnic lunch, took family pictures, then left the kids with three fabulous babysitters (cousin slumber party) and went out to dinner.
At the end of the day and after dinner, we found the
two youngest (the only kids sleeping) sharing a crib...
Bryce didn't seem to mind the company, even if the were a crib hog.
Day 3: A day at the beach.
Some of my brother Justin's kids had never seen the ocean, so we thought it essential to visit the beach. It was ninety degrees in Fairfield, and fifty-five in Pacifica. We were not prepared for that! We were all freezing the whole time... wrapped in towels, I even had some friends, fortunately, who lived close by bring some extra clothes for Bryce. You'll notice the girly clothes... Thank you baby Taylor for sharing your clothes with Bryce!
Sandy deliciousness!


Sandy deliciousness!
Bryce looks good in pink... but way better in blue!
Gorgeous diva em on the beach.
My only contributions to this warm-ish outfit are the hat and shirt.
Maybe next time I'll be better prepared.

It's true. You can still get a tan when it's overcast... None of us did though. We didn't last that long. The kids saw the beach, mission accomplished.
Yes, Bryce hit me right after the picture was taken.
Despite the chill, Bryce thoroughly enjoyed himself.
Rylie, however, not so much.
Happy times.
Kisses for Grandma.
Bryce loves his Uncle Jared.
Packing out. I was told I looked like a scarecrow. What do you think?
Sporting our tie-dye!
Well, we're about to be anyway....
You can see where Justin's kids get their facial expressions!
There they are! Cutie Natalie and Jodie!
I didn't always have my camera when I wanted it... but I am grateful I caught this on camera! Rylie is so helpful with Bryce... he misses her, but is grateful to have his freedom back once again.
"Precious" -Emily
Rylie took this picture of me and Colty. Not back eh? btw, there is a bubble in front of my face... not a finger smudge. Great picture Ry. Also, Colty's shirt won the "coolest" award.
Those balloons are actually wrapped around his ankles. Perfect entertainment for Bryce!
Emily is not crazy about this, but Rylie loves to play her bum like the drums! I got it on camera... Video or not, the image is hysterical! Then I guess Rylie decided Em's bum-bum needed a hug.
Bryce and Gpa!
Love my little family, and the big family I came from!
Disneyland!!!
Right after the reunion, Emily and I traveled down south to go with Jared, Haylie, and kids down to Disneyland for a couple days. It's so fun going with little kids!
Jare and Hay actually made the whole trip a surprise, not telling them where we were going until we were in the parking garage. This kind of surprise (in our home) is referred to as "pulling a Grandma Biggs". Further explanation given upon request.
The tram ride in!
Love this little girl!
Notice Emily's face... She's the best to ride roller coasters with!
First taste of coke. Forget the lemon, coke renders way better facial responses!



It's fascinating to observe!
We went over to Tom Sawyer's Island (that is now named something else)... Bryce fell... a lot. I guess that's what happens with dirt, un-even terrain, and lots of wobbly bridges.
We later went to a safer playground for Bryce.
Riding on rides with Emily.
Autpie. Bryce really, really, really wanted to drive a car. He was too little. One day.
We still got some cute shots of Rylie and Colt.


So, so happy I got that face on camera!
After Disneyland we spent some time in Ontario with family, then over to the desert where my Grandma lives. For that leg of the trip I had no camera... Then we headed to Arizona to be with Jared and Haylie again for the fourth of July. Right before getting there, we stopped to fill up when we felt the Arizona heat. Why did we come to a place with 115 degree weather? And as I asked myself that very question, I dropped the keys in the toilet. Even the water was hot! Yuck.
Alas, thank goodness for AC.

After Arizone, we drove to San Diego and met up with my Mission President in Balboa Park. That place is so cool, we wished we could have spent more time. Anyway, during the summer, on Monday nights, they have free organ concerts. The Spreckles organ is huge and they bring in musicians from all over the world to play. It was really nieat, and we're really excited we got to expereince that, and visit with President ad Sister Ong.
No suprise, Bryce charmed the crowd. Before the concert began, he walked around waving at people and making sure he was the center of attention. Emily was following hima round so I could visit, but she said people were giving him cookies and trying to get him to pay attention to them... and is he didn't, they looked really sad. It's so fun having a child who makes people so happy!

Birthday dinner with Tine, Hunter, and Soren. We stayed with Tina in San Clemente until the rest of the family joined us for beach camping. Bryce and Soren got along so well. I love it when Bryce has good little buddies to play with.
Birthday Pazookie. I love those!

so emily decided I neede a cupcake for my birthday.
When we got to the campsite later that day, my tent was set up and inside were presents and balloons, it was so happy!
Ty is a little disappointed, but we have discovered that Bryce loves camping! The sleeping part is a little rough, but he loves it. The dirt, the smoke, the wildlife (mostly skunks)... love it all!
Beach camping, of all camping, in my opinion, is the best!
The water, well, he'll like it one day. It was actually pretty cold in So. California too. We were in sweaters pretty much the entire time... Kind of a bummber, but we still had loads of fun!

Fun with Aunt Amanda... Emily is just too bootylicious... Everyone loves her bottom!


Games, we played lots of games!
Headed down to the beach.



Bryce is good on sand, just don't make him get in the water. he's even decided recently that he hates the bath... Only a phase I hope.
While in So. California, we took advantage of the many frozen yogurt options. Why that trend hasn't hit Northern Calfiornia in the same way is unknown to me, b/c we love it. We had it six times I think... yum!
I am sad this is the only picture I have, but Saturday after leaving the beach I took Bryce to Anaheim for a visit with Grandma and Grandpa Carlson. We were able to go on Sunday too, and still no pictures. Lisa, if you read this, can you send me some?
two pair seemed necessary.
Bryce loves frozen yogurt too.

I love my cousins!
I suppose I should also mention the main reason for the family reunion... Cousins Brett, Allison, and Dento retuned home from their missions, and timing was just two perfect... After ?-years, we organized a family reunion Sunday we were able to hear them speak, they are amazing.

One of Emily's close friends, Breanne lives in Las Vegas... so had a anice little break and had lunch. Bryce was grateful for the carseat break and took full advantage.

Not sure why the picture came out so small, but there's the group that came this year. It was a lot of fun... It's been a long time



The night before we left we had a little family get-together... with those who live in the Orem area, and stragglers who hadn't headed home from the reunion. Bryce seemed to steal the spotlight with his efforts to climb on the table... Maybe I'll upload one of the videos. We seriously all watched and cheered for about twenty minutes as he climbed up over and over again...
I suppose I should also mention the main reason for the family reunion... Cousins Brett, Allison, and Dento retuned home from their missions, and timing was just two perfect... After ?-years, we organized a family reunion Sunday we were able to hear them speak, they are amazing.
Leaving Southern California, and heading to Utah, Bryce was pooped! With more trip to go, but ready to be home, he decided to sleep it off. Bryce was a trooper actually. He did so good, I am so lucky to have sucha wonderful boy.
Not sure why the picture came out so small, but there's the group that came this year. It was a lot of fun... It's been a long timewe let Bryce ride up front with us... such a happy kid!
The lodge was set at the edge of a beautiful meadow/valley. The first morning there we were greeted in the morning by three horses. Bryce loved them, until one tried to eat his shoe.
And that's it! Isn't that sad... Those a pretty much the only pictures I took with my camera. Maybe I'll get some from other cameras... but we played games, the lodge was crazy cool! I went mountain biking for my first time, actually first time on a bike in over 15 years. Not smart, by the way. Fourtain miles, at 11,000 ft. and being an inexperiences bike rider was stupid. I almost died. Me and Emily both.
After the reunion, we drove up to Orem for a few days, stopped by great Grandma and Grandpa Carlson's house, and helped em a little bit in her classroom. There was no one at the school but us and it was awesome! Bryce got really comfortable running through the nicely polished hallways. He's going to love school! Well, for sure he'll love the running through hallways-part ;o)
The End.
4 comments:
What a busy few weeks you had. It was fun to hear all that you did and see so many fun pictures.
Whew! That was a long road trip.... but then I've been on one of those too! They are always lots of fun, yet tiring, but oh-so-worth it! The pictures are great, Bryce is, as always, adorable-- even in pink!
Love you!
All I can say is holy cow! What a trip(s). Glad to have you back, right, you're back?
Yay, we made it on the blog! That was fun to see you guys. I only wish it had been MUCH warmer. What the heck was up with that nasty weather??? Still, fun times and super funny to see the boys "play" together. (More like Bryce stealing whatever Soren had and playing with it, but who's keeping track? They still had fun.) I love you guys and hope to see you again sometime soon. Let me know if you're down here in the future and have a little time to spare. You're always more than welcome, as you know! :-)
Post a Comment