Tribal background

Friday, May 27, 2011

Fields of Irises



I have been waiting for this iris farm in Vacaville to open for a couple months. Then when it finally did open, we could never make it. This past Saturday we finally made it out there, just in time to see a few of the irises in bloom. (When I say a few, I really mean it. We were informed there were at least 10x as many when they first bloomed.) The family who grows these beautiful flowers open the space up to anyone to just walk around, bring a picnic and marvel at the different varieties. Though it was the last weekend, we did luck out by being able to follow and hold some adorable ducklings. I probably got pooped on, but there's something about baby ducks, or baby anything, that makes me not mind so much.


Bryce did love the ducks, though he doesn't seem to in the picture. In fact he kept insisting over and over again to try and hold them. Fun day, highly recommend it.







1 comment:

Jamie said...

My hubby LOVES that flower farm!