Meet my antique hutch. Given to me from my parents, who got it from a historic home nearby. I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it, given it's size. This thing is a beast. I have never felt so bad for asking my husband and dad to help me move something... Anyway, i decided to try and sell it, with the condition that if I couldn't get at least $200, which seems like pennies really, then I would keep it and make it my own. It needed some tlc, gladly rendered by my sweet husband, and I was off and painting. I also decided to glaze the piece as well to highlight the awesome molding. While I was finishing, I received a call from my mother-in-law. As I told her what I was doing, she asked me the color, I himmed and hawed and finally called it turquoise, to which she responded with a laugh and said, "that's original!"
It's original, and I am loving it! I think she'll love it too!
I tried to show the glazing a bit... It's a bit hard to see from far away. I'll take some closer pictures once I have the thing decorated and what-not. I'm going to let it cure for another week before dressing it up!
I tried to show the glazing a bit... It's a bit hard to see from far away. I'll take some closer pictures once I have the thing decorated and what-not. I'm going to let it cure for another week before dressing it up!
Ty picked up my color swatch and asked what the color was called. I pointed to the "scotch lassie" section. So, since this is our funkiest and fanciest piece in the house, we've decided to refer to our hutch as, "Our Scotch Lassie".
More pictures may follow.
4 comments:
I LOVE IT!!!! Turquoise is the perfect color. I totally want to see it in person!
That is GORGEOUS! I love it and I want to see it in person too!!!
I LOVE it Tammy.. I think Ty's mom will love it too :)You need to come to my house and paint some of my furniture super cool colors :)
Its awesome, Tammy! Way to tackle such a huge project. But seriously, its amazing.
Post a Comment