Tribal background

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

So. California: Part 3



In reverse order, we had one crazy long, absolutely fun day! It started with funny helmet/pavement skiing with dad, and ended at the beach... But to avoid the headache of putting these pictures in order, I'll type about the beach first.


If there was one thing I could change about Northern California it'd be to have beaches a little more toe-dipping-friendly. Southern California beaches are great, and Bryce would have to agree. The kid was fearless and would run straight for the rushing waves. Of course I was there the whole time, nervous he'd be swept away, but I finally want him to be a little sensible about his surroundings, so I let him fall once, just to get him a bit more timid. Worked like a charm. After that, he was just the right amount of timid, but still loving the feel of the ocean, and the feel of his feet sinking deeper and deeper in the sand.


Bryce and Poppy Carlson

Poppy doesn't care for the beach much, but he made an exception for Bryce. Thank you Poppy.




I love this picture.


What I would give to have this view every day.

I'd also have to give upwards of $10 million, but that's hardly the point.

oh, and I am talking about the ocean, not our bottoms ;o)


So happy with these two kids!




Yeah for Waves!




Bryce wasn't much for taking pictures. I think we took over 100 and you're looking at the best. Bryce couldn't take his eyes off the waves... And the occasional plane flying over.






Before the beach we went to "The great park" in Irvine. They have a bunch of free stuff you can do, even a carousel and a hot air balloon ride.





And the helmets I had mentioned. Aren't they cute?!




The End.

1 comment:

Our Biggs Family said...

Sounds like a great trip and some very awesome pictures!