...Or that's what I thought. Ty came home from work to find our tree fallen over, the stand bent out of shape. There apparently had been a crack in the stand already, and we had water all over the carpet. So while Bryce slumbered peacefully, Ty and I stayed up last night until midnight (that's super later for our household) trying to jimmy-rig this blasted Christmas tree! It once was an eight foot tree, now it's more like six and a half, since we had to trim the bottom so the stump could fit in a five gallon bucket we then weighed down with rocks.
Tribal background
Friday, December 2, 2011
My First Live Tree!
...Or that's what I thought. Ty came home from work to find our tree fallen over, the stand bent out of shape. There apparently had been a crack in the stand already, and we had water all over the carpet. So while Bryce slumbered peacefully, Ty and I stayed up last night until midnight (that's super later for our household) trying to jimmy-rig this blasted Christmas tree! It once was an eight foot tree, now it's more like six and a half, since we had to trim the bottom so the stump could fit in a five gallon bucket we then weighed down with rocks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
At first I was jealous of your live tree, now my fake one is looking pretty good...
Wow, Tammy I'm so sorry for all the drama with your tree! I'm sure it will all work out in the end and you will have a fantastically decorated home for Christmas (as always!).
So sorry that your first "real" tree experience wasn't as wonderful as it should have been. But it is a beautiful tree! Do you think you'll go with a fake one from now on?
I still look forward to getting our own real tree someday.
And yes, I will be sending you a Christmas card. I'm sorry I missed you on fb earlier today. I left my fb page open but wasn't home.
I LOVE the picture of Bryce asleep in his crib. I love how little ones sleep curled up with their bottoms in the air. So cute!
Post a Comment