Tribal background

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

One Year!



We have been in our home for one year now! We really can't believe it. Time goes by so fast! In the back of our minds we wonder if we may have bought a little too early, since home prices have continued to drop... however we couldn't be happier with our neighbors and the area we now call home.

Ty and I have done a lot to the house. Starting with a new coat of paint on the front door that was teal, magenta and purple. That's right. The front yard came next. We went from a huge dead tree, sewage pipes gracing the over-sized front flower bed and more rocks than I wish to remember... to what you see now. To us, our front yard is a beautiful sight and we still smile every time we drive up.


Continuing with the changes, we've painted, ripped out dead trees (lots in the back yard), assembled a space-ship-looking shed that could double for a bomb shelter and for a biggest and most recent completed project... re-tiled the down stairs. It took forever, but it looks awesome!!! That's all I am going to say about that.


Ty and I have been blessed beyond measure. Mom and Dad Biggs have helped us so much. It's been a huge help to have Dad's expertise and his tools :o) so close by. Most of our projects would be a lot more expensive if we would have had to go out and buy the tools, so Dad, "thank you, thank you, thank you"! Also, during our tile project, I think we were doing laundry and cooking meals at mom and dad's for a good two months. I think we're relieved, on both sides, that we again have a functioning kitchen and laundry room, though they never complained once.


Of course the projects are never finished, but with the baby coming, I think they may at least slow down for a bit, or at least we'll stick to the smaller, weekend projects!












No comments: