Tribal background

Monday, November 16, 2009

6 months!

This picture was taken yesterday, and since it's a new favorite, I thought I'd work out nicely to document our little boy's 1/2 year birthday! Bryce is growing so fast. We cannot believe he is six months old today. It really does feel like he's been with us for much longer though. His smiles
make so many people happy. A couple weeks ago I was at the doctors office and there was a woman there who just seemed sad. You could see it in her face that she was having a rough day. I know the power this little boys smile has on me, so I turned him around to see her. He studied her for a few moments then gave a sweet, always genuine, smile. She seemed happier after that. Sometimes I wonder if Bryce knows how great his smile is. How much a smile can help someone. I think he might know, and therefore does it with the intent to make someone happy. He is a wonderful example of service to me. He can't do much, but he is helpful in every way he knows how. In addition to his smiles, he laughs and makes all sorts of funny noises, he now eats like a growing boy, and his favorite toys are the ones that are made for holding things. i.e. the diaper carrier, diaper bags, and toy basket. He'll scoot himself to anything he wants, reach... reach... reach... until he can finally pull it over and get a look inside. And whether or not he is interested in his new found booty, he'll content himself for a while to suck on it for a while, marking and claiming his path. He also has a new game where he'll wake up from a nap, or be crying from not wanting a nap. Then when we walk in to get him or to see what's wrong, he laughs. Really. He laughs, and it's way too funny to not laugh right back.
Well, he is one fun kid, and we are so excited for more fun kid memories to come .
We love you Bryce.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Adorable! He really is chunking up, I love it! Can't wait to see that smile for real! XO

Our Biggs Family said...

We love all the updates. I think the smiles of babies are such a blessing to all around. Gald he is doing so well.

Aleena said...

HE IS ADORABLE!!! And it is so true about his smile! Love it!

Jamie said...

I have that same chair. Oh, cute picture too :-)