Happy Chinese New Year! I love, love the traditions and festivities surrounding Chinese New Year. Fireworks, red pockets, new clothes, oranges, lion dancing and parades... I hope I can help my children love it a little too by making it a tradition in our home. Obviously I can't do it all, and I wouldn't mind leaving some of the traditional foods out of it, but having a little bit of China in my life has blessed me so much and I would love it to bless my children too.On the first day of Chinese New Year, everyone is suppose to only wear new things. New underwear, new clothes, and for children, they all get these awesome San Lihn (New Year's) clothes to wear. As I was getting ready to leave Hong Kong and come home, I decided to buy some traditional New Years clothing for my future children to wear, and for me to take pictures. I think they are adorable! I suppose it would be very sad if I went to a culture rich country like Hong Kong, and did not make it any part of my life. I owe a big part of who I am today to the people I served in Hong Kong, and maybe in sharing such celebrations I can maybe honor them for the amazing people they are. I will forever be grateful to them, and to Heavenly Father who knew that's exactly where I needed to be.
Ty wore a Tie that was made in China! And isn't Bryce fabulous in his clothes! He says,
"Happy New Year Everyone!"
And an honorable mention to the fact that it is also Valentine's Day.... my mom, the queen of aprons, made me an apron for this love-filled holiday!
Ty wore a Tie that was made in China! And isn't Bryce fabulous in his clothes! He says,"Happy New Year Everyone!"
And an honorable mention to the fact that it is also Valentine's Day.... my mom, the queen of aprons, made me an apron for this love-filled holiday!
3 comments:
You both looked great at church! I hope Bryce feels better soon.
What beautiful clothes! And a Happy Chinese New Year to you! We had our Chinese neighbor stop by and wish us a Happy New Year today, he is from Shanghai.
Love the clothes! Gung Hay Fat Choy!
Post a Comment