Tribal background

Monday, March 28, 2011

Sunny Arizona

Bryce and I took a trip to Arizona earlier this month. It was hot and sunny the whole trip, and we loved it! We didn't love the plane rides... though the airport themselves are pretty great! We walked on the nice conveyor belt for about 45 minutes, then found another conveyor belt and enjoyed that for a little while longer... Then hear our names being called on the speaker and raced to the plane, found a snug seat in between to large, but ever-so-kind gentlemen, and made our way to see Uncle Jared and Aunt Haylie. We made lots of friends at the airport, ran into some old friends. The only person Bryce didn't like was the Scottish man sitting to our left on the plane. He (Scottish guy) was helping me by holding the portable DVD while the flight attendant stood there giving me the evil eye until I put it away, meanwhile Bryce is flipping-out, hitting Scottish man b/c he thinks he's stealing the DVD, and I am breaking a sweat while I wrestle my nearly-two-year-old, putting away all our stuff, apologizing for my screaming child, and cursing the attendant under my breath for not being a tiny bit more understanding. It was quite memorable, and I feel the need to record it, so there you go!This was before the flight, of course.
Is this little girl the cutest?! Anyone who meets her, is convinced she was put here on the earth to make life happy. She will stare you down until she finally locks your eyes on hers, then just smiles. Truly a happy, adorable child! Haylie has become a coupon girl. She sent Jare and I out one night to pick up some stuff, and we were all so giddy from our savings, we had to take a picture. I'd jump on the band wagon if my dumb local paper would provide more coupons in their paper... My recent monthly battle. But really, our supermarket total was $205 before coupons, $38 after. I was inspired. So I have spent the last month trying to get organized, like my sister-in-law taught me, but you can't organize something that's not available. Frustrating. But for that night, I was truly excited!
And the never-ending playtime! Below, sharing a stick horse.

Though that only lasted as long as it took me to take the picture.
Dollar-store treasures!
Spring training game!
My hot kid! Really, he was hot! He had sunblock on, just not use to the heat. A concession girl was walking by, took pitty on the kid and offered him some ice.
baby Josie!
Jare, having an adult moment at Haylie's expense...

Though she doesn't seem bothered ;o)
So hot, Uncle Jared got a $7 bowl of ice cream to share with all the kids. The Hero!
Bath time 1 of 5

What do you get with four kids in a tub? Lots and lots of splashing! I had to hide the camera during those parts, it's going to die on us soon, just trying to prolong the inevitable.
Popsicles!

Baking with Colty.
Bath time with popsicles. Colty wasn't too thrilled to share his bath toys with Bryce. Being the only boy, there aren't many people who want to play with his trucks and cars.
We never like leaving Ty home all alone, but Bryce and I had a really nice trip... we just wish we could have brought the sun back with us to share with Daddy!

4 comments:

Kari said...

I need to know the couponing secrets...

Our Biggs Family said...

Looks like a fun trip. Glad you could go.

Anderson Family said...

I too want to know the coupon secrets I am Ty's cousin Kellie (Carlson) Anderson and I live in Mesa AZ... Hey if you send me your e-mail address I would be happy to let you look at our family blog since it's private...

Camile Kellogg said...

If you ever take another AZ trip let me know.. I'd love to see you :)