Tribal background

Monday, May 2, 2011

Where did April go?



The nice weather came, and we began the month enjoying time outside, sometimes we had our clothes on too.










This turned out a bit blurry, but it's such a frequent activity, I need to document it somehow.


Conference weekend, I had Bryce sport one of Ty's old Disneyland shirts. A little big, but I think it made Ty happy.


In between conference sessions we played golf, and harassed the doggies next door through the hole in the fence!


That hole kept him entertained for about an hour.

The yappy dogs helped keep him there too, I suppose.




And we discovered the world of bugs. It's kinda gross. Sometimes when he's trying to pick them up to let the bug(s) crawl on his arm, he squishes the bug, and then gets upset that the bug was no longer able to crawl around, since it was now a dead bug.


More backyard fun!

Easter Sunday my mom was out of town, and my dad had to work, so we gathered some dinner fixins' and went over to my dad's work. No where near traditional, but nothing short of great!


I love this kid!


More bug discoveries with our friend Ethan.


And this past Saturday I ran my first half marathon!


This is after the race, listening to a mariachi (sp?) band. Bryce was following their dance moves, and a crowd quickly formed to watch this stinkin' cute kid. He was not happy when we said it was time to go.


The friends I ran with: Anissa and Brent!


Actually, Anissa is the whole reason I was able to train for this. I told her a couple months ago that I wasn't fond of waking up early in the morning, but I'd get up if I knew she was outside waiting for me. I ran a 5k earlier this month and knew I wanted to run the half she's been preparing for. And that was that. We trained together, and ran together, and I love this girl! Bring on the marathon! Two months ago I would say I only ran b/c it was free exercise. Now, I kinda like it! Thank you Anissa!


My two favorite people waiting for me at the finish line!


I ran the whole way, and it felt great!

Goodbye April 2011! You were a great month!

3 comments:

Our Biggs Family said...

What an event filled month. I love the picture of Bryce with the bug. This weekend we were planting our garden and Sammy decided he was going to have pet worms. He was rather disappointed when I told him he had leave his pet worms in their pot OUTSIDE because worms are an outside pet. Congrats on your 1/2 marathon as well. That's a great accomplishment.

Unknown said...

SO IMPRESSIVE! Seriously!!

Jamie said...

Congrats on the half Tammy! That's amazing!