Tribal background

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fast Butts!

Ragnar came and went. I still can't believe it already happened. Now that I've experienced it, I know how crazy it really is... Just imagine an extended "girl's night out" experience, mixed with lack of sleep, cramped in a car, I can't explain it... But to sum it up, it was awesome!Our team name:


Does this Skirt make my butt look fast?


I was in charge of t-shirt design and decorating our vans. The idea for a skirt on the van came quickly, it was only days before I had the idea to cut out runners from running magazines, add skirts and our faces to make the van complete. The team loved it, and every other team in Ragnar seemed to love the vans too. We never stopped without someone asking to take a picture... (Of our vans, not us ;o) Ingrid). Throughout the race we had people yelling at us, cheering us on and telling us our butts were fast. Maybe that's the magic of Ragnar... You've got your own team, but really, it's really a team of hundreds of people encouraging each other to accomplish something crazy.



Susanne modeling our team shirt!


Each leg, if road shoulders were available, teams we'll pull off to cheer on their runner, provide drinks or whatever else necessary. oh, and each van had two flags, much like boating, if someone is out of the boat, we had to carry a flag.


Since the race went all through the night, reflective vests and head lamps were mandatory. And rightfully so. Doesn't Melissa look so cute!?



I am not sure we ever got a full team picture, but there were 12 fast butts total.


Beth, me, and Mimi!


Driving through Napa to get to the next leg, we pulled off to enjoy the vineyards. Anissa and I were in Van 1, so by this time we were completely finished with our legs, and were driving to meet Van 2 at the finish line.


Again, not everyone is represented in this picture... At the end of the race, you're super excited, but ready to be done and go home... I think that's the story with the three butts missing from this pic. Yeah Ragnar! And thank you Anissa for putting our team together!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! So proud of you!

Our Biggs Family said...

Congratulations on doing this. What a great accomplishment.