Tribal background

Monday, October 17, 2011

My 10 Year Reunion!






I don't recall how it happened, but somehow I became half the planning crew for my high school 10 year reunion. We actually had 5 or so people on our little committee, but Cindy and I were put in charge of details... And I will risk sounding conceited right now, but boy did we deliver!Huge, Huge, Huge success! We had raffle prizes, a photo booth, great food, great decorations, dancing, it was fantastic! High school was a happy time for me, especially my senior year as I got more involved in student leadership. The friends and people I met at that time of my life are so dear to me.



I can't quite describe how I feel right now. I was so happy when the event was over... I literally drove home so happy. I am sure that was in part to it being over, stress level reduced, but also immensely happy that I could help put this reunion together. I've always thought about a ten year reunion more as a place where you see what other people are up to. Who's lost weight? Who's crazy successful? Who's got the most kids? But it wasn't about that at all! The second people started walking in it was a celebration of friendships. That was it. Yes there were the "update me on your life" - questions, but otherwise, it was purely a party with friends. Friends who were important to us ten years ago and, we were reminded, are still important to us now. Watching everyone have such a great time made me so, so, so happy!


Me and Tunesia
We didn't have a huge turn-out... But the second I saw Tunesia's name on the ticket list, I knew I'd want to go, just to see her!


Linda, Kim, and Angie - Yeah!


Raffle time!


These people made me so happy. I would have been happier if I'd had my own camera to take pictures, but thankfully others did.



Hooray for friends! And for husbands who support me in these crazy events! Thank you Ty! I love you! I had several friends (drunk friends) come talk to Ty for a while... He was a trooper ;o) I'm glad he had a good group to sit with while I butterflied about.


So fun! Fun, fun, fun!

1 comment:

Our Biggs Family said...

Way to go, Tammy. It looks like you planned a very fun event. So glad you enjoyed the reunion and had such a fun time...even though I can't believe you are old enough to have attended a 10 year reunion...that means I must really be old! I have lost count at how long ago I graduated and I don't think I will spend any time figuring it out either! Again, great work!