Tribal background

Friday, September 2, 2011

Yosemite



I've lived in Northern California my whole life and had never been to Yosemite. I knew about Half Dome, but no one ever told me that Yosemite is just chuck full of the most beautiful rocks I have ever seen in my life! I am not sure the word "rock" does them quite justice... They are mountains of solid rock, really amazing!

This is lower Yosemite falls, we chose the shorter trails since we had Bryce with us. But this was perhaps our favorite place, partly due to the heat, and the opportunity to cool off.



Throughout the day, if Bryce could climb on rocks and walk on ledges, he was punch happy! take him away and he was tantrums. The tantrums made things a little frustrating, but for the most part, it was so fun to see Bryce enjoy everything Yosemite had to offer!






Needless to say, it took us quite a while to get anywhere.

Our one family shot.


After eating our picnic lunch, Bryce and I played hide-n-seek. He's a cheater though, he kept peeking and I could never hide before he saw where I'd gone. Those silly two year-olds.


More thin / elevated paths to walk on.





I'd like to look more excited, but I was focusing on Bryce not falling into the river.


Bridal Veil Falls, lucky for us, Yosemite had a crazy winter so late-August there was still plenty of ice melting to create these awesome waterfalls.


I wish my camera could do this place justice, everything was so beautiful.


I should also mention we stayed at a B&B the night before. Cute little place, but the highlight was the pancakes and homemade chunky peach syrup they made us the morning before heading into Yosemite. Really a cute little place, with trails and horses to look at, cats for Bryce to harass, and of course, rocks for Bryce to discover.The owners welcomed us to walk through the gate and visit the horses, so with the horses a ways off, we made our way through the gate. Not 10 seconds after going through the gate, the 10 horses spotted us and didn't trot, but galloped towards us. Ty and I looked at each other and without a word, ran back to safety behind the gate. Social horses I guess.


I just have to point out the funny face on this horse. I really believe that horse made that face just for me to take his picture. He did it once, and being funny, I told the horse to do it again, and I swear he did, and held his mouth like that long enough for me to snap it. What a personality! I'm not sure I'd want to ride a horse with that humor, but it was fun for pictures.




Thank you Ty for taking us... Next time we ought to give ourselves more than a day...

But again, thank you!

3 comments:

Our Biggs Family said...

What a great trip. I have never been there either. Joel went a few different times with the scouts and we were always going to go but never did it. When you called Joel on the way up he told me you guys were camping there that night and we both about died of shock that Ty was going to choose to camp. I guess we were wrong! So glad you could go and Bryce could have so much fun with the many rocks!

Unknown said...

How fun! We are planning on going next September. I've been before, but Steve never has. I'm glad you guys had such a great trip!

Jamie said...

How fun! Looks like you guys had fun! When we went, we rented a house in a cute little neighborhood with Amber Christensen and her family. It turned out to be a really great way to vacaction!