These two are becoming great friends, and I LOVE this picture.
Saturday started the Easter festivities. My cousin Liz and her family came and joined us for an Easter Egg Hunt with a bunch of friends (that I hope to have pictures of soon) and their kiddos.
After that, we dyed Easter Eggs, adn prepared for the family party the following day.
The Dixon crew! We love having them so close now!
Easter Sunday got off to a great start with Church, then naps, then more family!
I am really grateful that Easter always falls on a Sunday. Being on a Sunday, it makes things a little easier to bring in the spiritual things, but I know I can do more. Christmas has alwasy been a month-long event, and somehow it's easy for Easter to slip through without much attention. I spent any time I could on Sunday trying to think of ways to make Easter better, so it will be something my children will look back and love, maybe not as much as Christmas, but at least it can be higher on that list.
I want my children to learn and know that their mother has a testimony of the Resurrection. I know that through Christ, we will all have the opportunity to live with Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father, and our families again. I feel so blessed to know of God's plan. I am grateful to know that this life is only a small part of eternity, and that through the power of the Atonement we can be better people, and we can be happy, forever. The happiest times in my life have been when I've been following the teachings of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I want my children to know that Jesus overcame death and because of Him we will all have that same blessing. I have always been grateful for His birth, but have I expressed my gratitude for what He's done for me, that allows me to be re-born? I can do better. bryce is only three, but I want him to know that I Love Jesus. I love Easter. And I love the reason Heavenly Father always gives us the most beautiful weather on Easter Sundays.
I suppose it can always be a beautiful day when we are blessed
with the knowledge we have as Latter-Day Saints, but still.
Quick story, my cousin Lanea told me she was standing near Bryce when this happened. Wish we had it on video. She said, like a dog chasing it's tail, Bryce had so many eggs in his basket that he would turn around, one would fall out, and when his turn was complete, he would gasp with delight that another egg had appeared in the grass. (Only it was the one that had just dropped from his basket...If that wasn't obvious...) And this happened over and over again. Same spot, same egg, except to Bryce, the grass kept yeilding more and more eggs. Love this kid!
Our Sunday Hunt with the cousins!
1 comment:
Love the story of the reappearing egg. That would have been hilarious to watch but your description was quite funny to read.
Post a Comment