I have decided that our baby boy wants to wait until grandma Biggs gets home from Arizona before joining us. I keep hoping he'll come sooner than later... but I suppose he'll come when he's good and ready. I get the feeling I am learning my first official lesson of parenthood... Kids have their own timetable and there's not a whole lot we can do about it. I hear giggles from all you seasoned parents out there, just remember you were once a new parent too!
5 comments:
what's your due date? And I'm not giggling, Adelynne came two days early! But Amy was 4 days late... pineapple juice and sex will do the trick! Have fun!
Oh Tammy I'm so glad you started a blog! It'll be a great way to stay closer since I never get to see you! I'm so excited for you two and little Bryce. We'll keep you in our prayers and hope it all goes great. I can't believe how fast time has gone and you've already been in your home for a year...I REALLY need to come visit! Love you!
I know the last part is the hardest. I got so desperate with Josh after going almost 3 weeks overdue. I even tried castor oil. I am like your mom with liquid medicine and Joel was SHOCKED that I took it not only once...but 3 times. It didn't work though! Isn't your due date still a couple of weeks away? We are excited to meet your precious little one. The kids are excited to have another cousin too!
I totally know how you feel! That last couple of weeks seems longer than your entire pregnancy. One of my first blog entries asked for advice on how to start labor...there were some great ones (well, more ridiculous than great, but I tried most of them.) :) I feel bad for your sister-in-law who was 3 weeks late... I went into labor on Jax's due date and he was born at 3 am the next day. Kids really do have their own time tables.
Here's the deal: Your baby is a genius like Ty. What he's done during these past 9 months is put together an equation that factors in his comfort level in the womb, divided by the discomfort caused during the course of birth, multiplied by the fact that Ty is going to be his dad, and he's just decided to put it off a little longer.
Also, I like it that someone suggested pineapple juice and sex. Isn't funny that the solution and the cause are pretty much the same thing?
Post a Comment