Tribal background

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Road Trip...

This past weekend Bryce and I were able to jump in a car with my parents and head down to Southern California for a mission "farewell". My cousin Bryce will be leaving to serve a mission in Florida and we were lucky enough to get to spend a little time with him before he departs. On the way down, we picked up Bryce's (our Bryce) cousin Sammy and spent a night at Grandmama's then to Ontario for the "farewell".
You can see from his face, Sammy is always a kick to have along. Bryce was especially grateful for the entertainment.

An extra bonus:
Bryce and I were able to meet up with Ty's parent's one evening... They met us near my relatives' house and we enjoyed yummy Wahoos, home of the best fish tacos ever!... Every chance we can get to see them, we'll take it!

Bryce - showing Grandma and Grandpa Carlson his tricks.
Front View:

The profile:


And the main reason for the trip: Soon to be, Elder Bryce Miller.

A family tradition, Aunt Donna (my mom) embroiders the missionary's name and mission onto a laundry bag. It's been all over the world and now is headed to Tallahassee, Florida.

My beautiful cousin Caitlin... between my cousins and all their friends, I think Bryce touched the floor for maybe ten minutes the entire weekend. What a lucky boy.

One more pic. with Big Bryce and Baby Bryce.
A lot of people asked me over the weekend if my Bryce was named after my cousin Bryce. In truth, Ty and I really just liked the name. It flowed the way we wanted with the middle name that was important to us. However, my cousin Bryce is the person that truly endeared me to the name. Bryce Miller is an outstanding guy whose kind example has influenced my life and so many others. He's a gentleman, a great athlete, driven, hard-working... everything I could ever hope for my little Bryce to become one day. I am so thankful Baby Bryce will have such a strong and wonderful person to look up to throughout his life.

Uncle Carl... Father of the Missionary... Three full-time missionaries actually... at this very moment. Do I even need to say any more about his character?

Aunt Kathy, Courtney, Bryce, Caitlin, Uncle Carl

1 comment:

Tracy said...

awesome! what a fun trip you had. The Carl Miller family is an awesome family, they are all a great example to everyone!