Tribal background

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hodge Podge...

I am my mother's daughter. I don't think I love Halloween quite as much, but I do like to make my home a little festive. So yesterday we got out our one box of decorations and welcomed the month of October! We also have plans for a cute Halloween costume for out little guy... pictures of that will come later. stay tuned :o)
Bryce loves his feet! He'll lay on his back and grab his toes... it's so cute!
It recently dawned on me that we have very few family pictures. So here's a family picture. Hopefully more will grace our picture files now that I've noticed the lack. Oh, and notice behind us, is the beautiful tiles Ty arranged for our mantle... We went a long time with mortar residue... and now it is so nice to look. Thank you, my wonderful, talented husband!


Bryce and I really enjoy taking walks together. Recently we have been going to the library every Tuesday for baby story time. All the other babies crawl and walk around... he's not quite there yet, but I'm hoping the exposure to other children will help him... for multiple reasons.
This picture reminds me of my own baby pictures. I would fall asleep in the most random places and positions. I wish I could sleep so easily now. Bryce has started a not-so-fun-for-mom routine of not wanting to nap during the day. He's only four months! Crazy right?!? And you'd think that with not sleeping all day, he'd sleep through the night... in my dreams! Anyway, after a napless afternoon, he'll finally tucker out at about five pm... for those of you who feel concerned for m mothering efforts, not to worry. I am working hard to get him on a healthier sleep routine, healthier for the both of us; his growing little body, and my mommy sanity.

Our cute little boy is beginning to really enjoy toys now. A current favorite is his glow worm, which Ty has declared it to be a girl glow worm. Good thing, I guess, since Bryce mostly just likes to suck face with it. Anyone seen Jim Carey in "Dumb and Dumber"?... that's the way Bryce likes to kiss. (he's teething)

He's so patient with us. He's the best toy ever!


3 comments:

Our Biggs Family said...

Very cute little guy. I love all his different expressions. Good luck with the napping and sleeping routine! Sammy is trying to convince me he doesn't need naps anymore. Thomas and Spring napped until Kindergarten which was great. Sammy still has to have his "rest" which consists of laying down with books just to rest. I can't say nap or he will do everything he can to stay awake. Luckily by telling him he just has to rest he will nap 5-6 days a week still. We look forward to seeing Bryce's cute costume pictures.

Kari said...

Parker has the same glow worm. He cuddles with him when he sleeps.

Tracy said...

Oh he really is so sweet and cute, and so big! I'm sorry about his terrible sleeping habits, hopefully it doesn't last long. Those are definitely rough times. Lots of love! Miss you tons, XOXOXOXO