Tribal background

Friday, October 16, 2009

Utah!

I should take the time to reverse all these pictures, but I have better things to do... and it doesn't matter right? If I didn't write it, no one would know the order of events was wrong in this post. To start, last week Ty was able to go recruiting again at BYU, so lucky me got to tag along and hang out with Emily... mostly. She had to work, so if Bryce and I weren't in her classroom, distracting her students (cute Bryce was, I had nothing to do with it ;o) we were out and about trying to fit in as many family and friends as possible!
So, in reverse order: Sunday we spent the day with mom and dad Carlson, and for dinner Aunt Jane, Uncle Mike, Lindsey, Thomas, Gracie, Lisa, and Chris. It was a short visit, but we're so grateful we were able to see them.
Lisa shot this picture of Bryce, I love his blue eyes! Bryce seems to love little people. Not smaller than him, little-big people. He is around grown-ups so much, I think he finds the smaller "grown-ups" fascinating. Little Gracie could simply look at him and he would giggle and laugh like crazy. It was so cute to watch her entertain him.
Lisa took family pictures of everyone. Bryce would not take his eyes off the bridge.

Saturday night we were able to meet up with some mission friends... worst Thai food I've ever had... and according to mom and dad Carlson, we smelt pretty bad as well.

Saturday morning we drove the Alpine loop in our "PP Cruiser". These dumb cars don't have a button for the rear passenger to roll down their own window. I felt like a child asking for the window to be rolled up and down, over and over again for picture-taking moments or in-car climate control. Oh well.
Emily took pictures for us. I love fall colors. The crisp air during autumn is something I look forward to all year. I love this time of year so very much. I love my family so very much!

Emily... my beautiful, wonderful sister...

Most of the week, Ty was working while Bryce and I played! At night though when he would join us again, it was so fun to see the look on Bryce's face when daddy came home.
I was able to visit with cousins Brittany and Amy one afternoon. We walked down to the grocery store to find something for lunch, only to stand there... no one wanting to be the decision-maker. Older siblings... do you see what you have done to youngest siblings? We aren't use to making trivial decisions. We always had someone older deciding for us. We decided we loved bossy siblings and missed having them around.
I also was able to see my cousin Amanda, and friend Michelle... I didn't have my camera though :o( ... I am so grateful they took the time to meet up with us though.


Brycie with Aunt Em. (His favorite)
Em, Bryce and I went to Gardner Village... had dinner then watched Bryce work really hard to get my food. He was so determined. Once he finally got there though... he couldn't make his hands work right and pick something it to suck on. Poor kid. It's so frustrating to see what you want, and not be able to get it.
Fried green tomatoes... just had to try them.
Bryce had rosy cheeks the minute we got off the plane. We were welcomed by beautiful weather the whole trip... his sweet little cheeks just weren't ready for the dry weather.

Tuesday night we stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Carlson so they could visit with Bryce. They are so wonderful and Bryce decided he wants to visit them again soon.

"Precious..." (that was for you em).

If dad Carlson was in the pic... we'd have four generations. What a good lookin' group.

Half-way through the flight, Bryce got a little board. A locked lap-top didn't keep him entertained very long either.

Here we come Utah!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Bryce is so cute in all of these pictures! I'm glad you all had a good time, I just wish I could have been there. Love you! See you in December, right?

THE SANDERS said...

It was so fun to visit with you guys too even though it was brief it was a blast. Also I looking at your other pictures and saw a girl I knew and then I put two and two together and realized I totally know your cousin Brittany. She lived with me in Glenwood a few years back, what a SMALL world.

Jamie said...

Fall in Utah... I love it! Bryce is growing up and I haven't even met him yet. I will call next time I'm in FF.

Jeanette Mauerman said...

Your fam is so cute! I'm so glad I got to come visit. I just realized we didn't even take any pics of us while I was there. You'll have to email the ones of me and Bryce though.