... Yesterday while decorating the house for Christmas, Bryce and I headed upstairs to retrieve a box. I came down, but he didn't come with me. Not a big concern, normally... until I went back up to check on him and discovered he had locked himself inside our bedroom. The kind of locked door that requires a key for reentry. At first it was funny... Bryce was even laughing. But after a credit card and then a spatula, we quickly realized we had no way in. Bryce's laughter quickly turned to tears. It was really sad trying to explain to him we were doing our best to get him out. Ty borrowed the neighbors extension ladder (they still don't know about that, I'll make sure I thank them soon), he removed the screen and climbed through the window. Before opening the door so I could hold my little boy and tell him everything was okay, Ty made sure to teach him how to unlock the door. I realize locking it was an accident, but now when those accidents happen, he can get himself out before the tears come out.
3 comments:
That would be so sad! I can just imagine him calling for you! Glad he got out okay :)
I can just imagine all sorts of other scenarios: locked car, locked sliding glass door, locked bathroom with the toilet flushing...all with Bryce giggling and thinking it's some big joke. Like in that Love You Forever book.
I love that I'm not the only one that this has happened to. At least he wanted to get out. Wait until he does it and doesn't want to get out or locks the door comes out of the room and then shuts the door so nobody is in the room but it is locked. Gotta love the little kids.
Post a Comment