My sister-in-law, Jen, requested a pic. of Bryce and Bob together. Why hadn't I thought of that?
Here they are. Bryce and his favorite Bear.
Bryce would take Bob everywhere if we let him, but to avoid more breakdowns than necessary, we try to keep Bob home bound so we always know where he is, and to help Bryce branch out a little. Though, when it comes to sleep time, Bob is a must. Part of our less-than-rigid routine before bedtime includes signing to him. Actually, the singing is the only consistent part. Nevertheless, I have recently insisted that Bob be left out of our cuddle/singing time. It's not that easy holding a squirmy kid, who is holding his seemingly squirm-ish bear... Believe me, it was better for all of us. Anyway, my favorite part of this story, is... as I begin to sing, Bryce drags me (anyone seen Ratatouille? Seriously. Without words and no feet on the ground, this kid can let me know exactly where he wants me to go)... Okay, so he drags me toward his bed so he can make sure Bob is there waiting for him. Once he sees his Bob, he will go back to resting his head on my shoulder, while I sing to him. Bringing me to the conclusion of this drawn-out story, Bryce sleeps like a dream, as long as he has Bob. And that folks, is why we are in no hurry to get rid of Bob, and also the reason a duplicate was a great idea!
2 comments:
Thanks! He looks so cute in his PJ's and very protective of his bear!
I think Bob is a keeper! Its not very often kids like teddy bears any more.
Post a Comment