When Ty and I were dating and we both learned we had the same feelings about pets, well, that's when we knew it was love! ;o) There is a lot more to our relationship, but this truly was a happy thing to learn! We would not have a marriage where one person insisted on having a dog or cat, while the other refused all help and contact with the animal.
Match made-in-heaven I tell you!
We did realize however, that one day we might have to deal with children perhaps begging us for a pet. ( In Bryce's case, he loves, loves, loves dogs. Don't tell Ty, but I have already felt my heart strings weakening at the thought of Bryce being so happy to have a dog of his very own.) But we have a plan! As a wedding gift, we were given an empty fish bowl. It had a candle in it, but it's a fish bowl. We almost got a fish, but then we had a scathingly brilliant idea. One day, we thought, we will have children begging us for a pet. And we will say, "no" over and over again. and then, after constant nagging, we can appease them with a fish. Brilliant right?!?!
4 comments:
Good luck! Another reason for you come visit...he can play with our dog! :)
Uh, good luck with that one. hehehe. (that's an evil sounding laugh).
Okay, I TOTALLY feel you on this one. I am so glad that Hunter's mom lives close and has a dog, so Soren can play with him and she can bathe/clean up poop after/vacuum after the dog and not me. And they have a super clean house, but we still come home with stuff just covered in little dog hairs. Sheesh. I know there are many, many animal lovers out there who just love to give their doggies kisses on the face and scratch their bellies and share ice cream cones and whatever, but it more than a teensy bit grosses me out. (Sorry, people.) Be strong! :-)
Just keep thinking that cuz I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I would love to sell you
Post a Comment