Tribal background

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Kitchen!

This is kinda what started it all. I drew a picture of how I wanted our kitchen to look one day. And two years later we have a new kitchen. Many of you know we had our computer stolen last year, and therefore I don't have pictures of the old kitchen that I was saving just for this post.I did find one picture in my files... So here is a picture of a picture I took. Essentially, this is what our kitchen looked like. Though you can't quite tell from the picture, it was kinda icky. But now it is beautiful and happy and I have my wonderful dad and husband to thank for it. It's really fun to have people in my life, that can help make all my ideas and hopes a reality. Thank you so very much Ty and dad! Love you both more than you'll ever know!
I only have one disclaimer, the kitchen is not quite finished, but I am following through on some promises I have made, so finished or not, here it is!There are a couple shelves to add, a drawer that needs rebuilding, and trim needs to be added to the window. Other than that, it's finished! Finally! Oh, and the corner cabinet above; that's Bryce's little play area. Eventually it also will have shelves and a door, for now though, it will remain Bryce's special spot.


We filled in a window, extended the counter, and pretty much doubled our counter space.
So Great!
And there it is. Hope we did not disappoint. Then again, I am okay if you don't like it.

5 comments:

Kari said...

I am glad you found your camera. And I love the kitchen!

Tracy said...

Its beautiful!!! Can I just add that my Dad and brother practically did an all nighter to make that kitchen work out too.

I am loving the phone too, that it has a cord so that it will always be in your kitchen. :)

Jamie said...

Ooooo! Pretty!

The Parker Place said...

Tell Ty I need his help!!! It is beautiful!!!

Sara said...

WOW, it is really beautiful :)