Tribal background

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Birthday Party Part 2

We ate burritos for lunch, Bryce's favorite. Played water games after that. Then cupcakes, ice cream, and presents to finish it all off. The weather has been abnormally cold for May, but it warmed up perfectly for the party. The picture above was a relay where we passed Bryce back and forth, after dunking him (his toes really) into the swimming pool. He didn't seem overly excited about it, but he didn't seem to mind either.
I love these pictures. You know those relays where you have to dress, then undress while running around... well, we put a little twist on that and called this the lifesaver relay. Dressing in beach apparel, then pulling a baby doll across the yard and back to safety. Above is Elissa, she'll kill me if she finds out I put this picture up, so don't tell ;o) And below is my mother-in-law looking fabulous, and below that, my dad. The white-legged goof!

Water balloon relay, which we hardly had enough balloons for.

Can I defend myself for dressing my kid head-to-toe to go swimming? It was his first time in the pool alright! I'll be less worried when I can give him my full attention. Still shocked he kept the hat on. Oh, and can't forget to mention his buddy Zaeda... he wanted to do everything she was doing.
Cake time!!! When Bryce ran out of cake, people kept handing him spoonfuls of ice cream. As if one cupcake isn't enough sugar for on afternoon.



And there we have it, one birthday boy, and one great party! Thanks to everyone who made it. It's no party without people.

1 comment:

Our Biggs Family said...

Looks like quite the party. I love the pics of him with his cake and ice cream.