Tribal background

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Quilting with Aunt Lanea!

Sunday night my mom, Bryce and I went up to see my Aunt Lanea. She not only has a quilting machine, but she is a quilting machine! I had started a quilt, then by the time Bryce was born, I quickly realized it would take a daunting amount of time to complete it. So I asked her to help me finish it, and now it is complete. We went, we sewed, we quilted. I even had some great scraps left over to make some decorative pillows as well. I'll take a picture of everything together later. But for now, here are some photos of our fun and busy weekend.
Uncle Chip is a chef, at least we call him one b/c he is a whiz in the kitchen. I have always thought he was a chef b/c when my Aunt Lanea first married him, before introducing him to her mother, she said he was a chef. So my grandma refused to cook for him, and when he met the family on thanksgiving day, my grandma insisted that he cook the meal. I learned just yesterday that he's technically not a chef, but comes from a long line of cooks and just has a knack for it. The salad he made for us was so delicious and beautiful, I had to take a picture.
The view from the house. There is a huge barn to the left, and passing through it will take you to the tree house and monkey bridges!
House-sitting for my Aunt and Uncle on a mission, Uncle Chip and Aunt Lanea are so gracious to invite visitors to their mountain retreat. I love this house, I wish I had a picture to post of the house itself, nestled in the mountains, but I did get a picture of their front yard... Bryce had a great time. he was a gem. Took great naps, and contented himself almost the whole time with toys and fabric.

This is her quilting machine... She taught me how to work it by having me hold her hands first, then set me loose to quilt the ginormous thing!

Below: Ironing the backing...


Uncle Chip took Bryce for a short walk Monday morning. Bryce enjoyed the rocks, and even took one as a memento.


1 comment:

Our Biggs Family said...

What a great time together. We are excited to see pics of your finished project!